We include data for Venetian blinds in the CGDB. During a trial period only LBNL will be performing measurements.
Requirements for the slat to work with the Venetian blind model are
- The slat material is opaque. The perforation used to suspend the blinds can be ignored.
- Both front and back surface are diffuse, e.g. painted. Unfinished aluminium is typically too "mirror-like" to work with the model.
- The geometry has no more than a single curve (flat is fine, but no "S" or "W" like shapes). Experiment with the WINDOW 7 shade layer interface for Venetian blinds to see what geometries are possible.
- The slats are thin compared to the gap between the slats. Typical geometries are less than 1 mm thickness to a 15 mm gap between slats and that is fine.
If your product meets those requirements it can be included in the CGDB as a shade material and shade layer.
Sample specifications for samples to send to LBNL
- Ideally flat 3"x3" samples of the used material and color should be submitted but at least larger than 1" on the shortest size.
- Product geometry including slat width, spacing, tilt, blind thickness, and curvature (specified as rise in mm)
If you can provide the material and it meets the requirements, please contact CGDB@lbl.gov for a quote, lead time, and shipping address of your samples.